Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Mike L.

I talked to an old friend of mine last night on the messenger. What a trip that he remembered things that I don't remember at all about me. We are talking waaaaay back to the 8th and 9th grade, here. It was great to find out that he is doing very well for himself and keeping his side of the street clean. A lot of the old gang just went by the wayside, I think. Some of them I have no interest in knowing what they're doing at all, and I'm sure that's all mutual. I like where I'm at right now. I probably need to keep in better contact with friends, though, since I only find a real one every 6th time or so. It's funny to see a guy that you knew before he was a man, and see him with whiskers and all grown up. I still think of Mike as a pseudo-boy. I can even remember when I was taller than he was! Here's to old friends, tonight is kinda special.....wait, I think I'm pirating an old beer commercial jingle, sorry.

1 Comments:

Blogger jobwich said...

Most guys are fixated at a certain point in their development. An old codger once told me that, 'No one ever tells you when you're 18, that you're going to pretty much feel like the kid you are for the rest of your days.

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home