Sunday, October 11, 2009

How Does it Feel.....

To know you are the warmest part of my heart,
The brightest part of my day?
Does this tax you, or give you comfort?

It looks to me, like a newly planed, thick, oak door,
On freshly oiled hinges, that stays mostly open.
It smells like a fir tree in the forest, on a brisk day.

It feels like a ray of sun;
One that is there through the plate glass window,
As well as drenching me entirely on the front porch.

It sounds like an old, well-built home
With two-story ceilings and elaborately carved banisters.
Like a crackling fireplace, on a cold night.

I can see us there.
Hear our muted laughter; our coos.
I can feel you here, always, in my heart.

4 Comments:

Blogger ~*dAyDreAMEr*~ said...

I like this alot :)

8:59 AM  
Blogger luuuli said...

hi !! i like this photo

6:14 PM  
Blogger beatles said...

wow your good check out www.broken-soilder.blogger.com

5:44 AM  
Blogger ecelliam said...

I like poetry, the way you say things is excellent..

I'm trying to be less complicated in my sayings...I'm working on it... Thank you for shareing.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home