Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Something Rather Silly

If we were cats, in the morning,
I would touch your nose with mine.
I'd turn my back to you and groom;
Pretending to ignore you,
All the while glancing back to check you out.

In summer, as cats,
We might laze about in the grass,
In sunny parts under the trees.
I might bat at a few dandelions,
Before I come over to cause mischief for you.


During fall, I'd crouch down
In piles of leaves, and stalk you.
My brow low, pupils wide, back legs rocking.
Then I'd pounce! And run away very quickly,
Hoping you would chase me.

In winter, I would lay with you
On a thick rug, at the hearth,
With a front paw around your shoulder.
I'd purr, and lick your head.
Until you purred, too.

In spring
I think
There'd just
Be lots
Of kittens.

9 Comments:

Blogger Beverly Webster said...

Lovely poem....

11:01 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

What a cute picture and poem! I love cats.

If you like poetry you'll find some here:
http://www.theguestcottage.com

or feel free to try to win a book from me on Blogger.com. My first blog--we started a win a book contest. Hopefully you can trace back to me since today is my first day here!

http://theguestcottageinc.blogspot.com/

Keep on writing!

1:09 AM  
Blogger Shasta Taiko Group said...

I love this...what color would the kittens be?

3:56 PM  
Blogger Conversation Pieces said...

Cute... and very true ;) especially the pretending to ignore you bit!!

11:21 AM  
Blogger The Art of Being Babs said...

This is cute!

3:36 PM  
Blogger AJourneyLessTaken said...

hello very new to blogger and came across yours...loved this poem....and i love cats too but i read more into that...maybe becuz im a poet as well, havent posted my work yet but im gonna....promise no old stuff so i wont cheat...so is it ok to follow you?

1:30 AM  
Blogger Apollo's Mermaid said...

Follow as you wish!

3:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like cats.
I like your poem about cats.
I've often wondered what they're thinking.
Now I know.
Thank you for sharing.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Cass said...

nice poem ♥

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home