Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Woman Driver Dream

07/30/2006 Dream:

This morning's dream was about a woman I'd encounter daily on the road. She was elderly, and drove an old, boxy car - like a Lincoln or something. She was always tailgating and swerving all over the road. It was almost like she was drunk & chasing me. One morning, I guess she wrecked, and I thought she was dead. A priest came over to the scene, and we were going to conduct a funeral right there. An old, scruffy man appeared out of the woods & walked across the field toward us, carrying an oboe. I guess he was going to provide the music for the funeral. When the EMT's came, we discovered the woman wasn't dead, and her looks had changed to that of a younger woman. I thought, "Damn! Now she's going to be back to swerving all over the road again!"

The woman resembled (at the beginning of the dream) Hyacinth Bucket, on "Keeping Up Appearances."

When the guy came with the oboe - I remember thinking, "I have a clarinet in the van; I could play that."

4 Comments:

Blogger jobwich said...

I wonder if she is a part of yourself that you're trying to lay to rest, or a someone you could become if you're not vigilant.

We all have/had a reckless (thanatos?) self, bent on wreaking havoc.

The oboe's a pretty forlorn instrument, but the clarinet is pretty bright. I take that as a good sign.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Apollo's Mermaid said...

Another job dream, most likely, as a vehicle represents a job. It was pretty much a bitch for a while, at the last one.

8:46 PM  
Blogger dhf said...

"keeping up appearances" is one damn funny show!! also, thanks to you for the words and mike lilley for passing on some of your writing!! talent!

1:16 AM  
Blogger Apollo's Mermaid said...

I'm glad to know you have the good taste to watch public television, dustin. Thanks for the kind words.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home