Sunday, May 02, 2010

Clover

I always think of you.
Today, it was a field of clover and low clouds.
I could smell the rain in those clouds, and instantly, tasted the raindrops from your lips.
I caught the perfume of the clover, and felt those blossoms there, beneath us.
Our legs akimbo, the breeze on our skin, our fingers entwined.
I heard the lapping of the lake against the shore, the water fowl gathering in the reeds.
Their families are growing, and I'm recognizing the babies getting older.
Soon they'll have new ones.
It's another season we've loved each other.
This one ever so slightly different from the last, yet still giving hope.
I will keep feeling you in the breezes, seeing you, hearing you.
You are in my heart.
It is steady, even in excited anticipation.

7 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Holm said...

This is a beautiful poem!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Sayani said...

this is so very romantic and creative at the same time. keep up

regards
sayani

5:27 PM  
Blogger anonymousPOET said...

that was very beautiful and heartfelt :-)) im new at this n im trying to be a poet so.. plz read n comment :-)) thanks!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Dauminator said...

I gotta admit the snippet of your life i just read was pretty intense. awesome. trust me, if i could think of a better word i would use it.

4:37 AM  
Blogger sally said...

good poets and good writers are rare and finding one in any given day makes me smile...

thanks for making me. Smile, that is.

2:37 PM  
Blogger TedMraz™ said...

wow! beautiful words..

6:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

as usual just great

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home