Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ripper


3 a.m., and streets are quiet;
all but the "plink" of water dripping
from the bridge into puddles
I can see in the moonlight.

That light shines in veins
on the black walkway,
and if I were dreaming
I'd think I hit the mother lode.

It is mid-spring,
a comfortable evening,
albeit humid -
which makes me shiver.

A lone cicada
in a tree outside a shop
shakes out a maraca beat,
but no one joins in.

I'm unsure why
my heart is pounding so,
when all I seek
is peace.

A ridiculous longing
grips me,
and I half expect you
to walk out into the moonlight.

But, I know I can't conjure you,
so I stay under the bridge,
reluctantly experiencing
solitude.

4 Comments:

Blogger ecelliam said...

Very nice, it feels as though something may happen at any moment.
Thank you.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Juanita said...

reminds me of my nightmares. your writing is so vivid and clear. I felt a strong romance between the killer and the night. I hope you don't mind if i follow.

Check out my blog ;)

3:55 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as an interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog Interviewer.

We'd like to give you the opportunity to give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can be submitted online here Submit your interview.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas

6:00 AM  
Blogger Vuttikrai Saechue said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in composing this article. I am going for the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your fanciful writing abilities has prompted me to start my own blog now. Actually the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
Adidas clothing reviews

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home