Sunday, October 17, 2010

GOSSIP - My Sermon for the Masses

I am frankly bored with so many "Christians" (one in particular) gossiping and causing hurt. Don't thump your Bible at me unless you plan to READ and UNDERSTAND what it's telling you! All of it, not just the parts you pick out that please you. The church is full of more hypocrites than any other place, which is why I quit attending (and I used to be very active in my church). I don't want to hear other people's stories from you, anymore. If you truly believe, get on your knees to beg forgiveness of your God, or you are going to that place you call hell. Remember, he knows your heart. Better hope he doesn't show up at your door while you're in one of your hen sessions. How's that for a sermon?
Leviticus 19:16 – “Do not go about spreading slander among your people. Do not do anything that endangers your neighbor’s life. I am the Lord.” (NIV) Proverbs 11:13 – “A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy man keeps a secret.” (NIV) Romans 1:29 – “They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips.” (NIV) 1 Timothy 5:13 – “Besides, they get into the habit of being idle and going about from house to house. And not only do they become idlers, but also gossips and busybodies, saying things they ought not to.” (NIV) Matthew 7:1 – “Do not judge, or you too will be judged.” (NIV) Proverbs 18:8 – “The words of gossip are like choice morsels; they go down to a man’s inmost parts.” (NIV)

1 Comments:

Blogger Siren_song said...

I agree. It's such a shame that the ones who make the most noise understand so little about the teachings they claim to follow. I've become weary of defending my religion to those who only see the hypocrites.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home