Monday, August 08, 2005

Horse Fights and Praying Mantis Goalies

I walked into a very high-ceilinged barroom - with darkly stained tall bar tables and chairs. The walls were a cream colored wash over stuckoed finish. The room was well lit with natural light from the front of the bar. The room was mostly unoccupied. Toward the back of the room, a huge chestnut clydesdale stood on its back legs, looking except for it's head and legs, like a huge man. He was beating up a human man. At least I think it was a man, for I was behind the horse.

Next thing I knew, I was looking up into the face of a giant praying mantis. He was wearing a hockey goalie mask - like the one Jason of horror films wears, only it was shaped to fit the face of the mantis.

I closed my eyes, and when I opened them again, all was red but for a man's face divided into a five-pointed star.

That's when I started thinking....and the visions left me. Thinking always screws things up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark Walter said...

This may sound "out there", but this could be a dream about a past life. There was a lot of experimentation with DNA, etc... way back in the day.

11:13 PM  
Blogger jobwich said...

Seems like you consistently have parts of your subconscious at war with other parts. Or they're kicking some ass, where your conscious self can't/won't.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home