Friday, August 12, 2005

Nightmare - or Flashback?

Back some years ago, I had a nightmare that I will never forget. I really don't think it was a nightmare in the sense of a symbolic working of my psyche to work out my emotions. I think it was a memory from another time. I haven't tried any past life regression to discover the era, but I've got a big hunch it was Hitler time. I won't reiterate it here, because it was too horrid even for me to repeat. It's a memory that makes me want to throw up and cry. I was helpless. Others were helpless. Small children were being murdered in ways you just wouldn't believe. I don't know what sort of brainwashing made those people do those things. Evil. It was a time of evil rising. It was a time to bring evil forth in a weak nation. Perhaps the result was a stronger nation. Perhaps it was just a wrench being thrown in the gears of an old, boring clock. I have no idea. It was horror. I just read a blog post that reminded me of this. That is my only memory of that time. I don't want anymore.

2 Comments:

Blogger jobwich said...

That is frightening. If Jung's collective unconscious holds, why is it that atrocities like that happen time and time again. Is it that those shared memories are rooted so deep, people can't get at them?

7:55 AM  
Blogger Apollo's Mermaid said...

I think it's no different from coming back time and time again to endure heartache of any kind, to learn lessons. We all have to see it, eventually, since we're all a part of it as a collective conscience.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home